Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Reflections from yestorday

Just a moment about the roads, It really is bothering me lately not just because of the possible chance of danger but how completely unsafe it is for the pedestrians and for the drivers... which was the most extremely roughest and bumpest roads I have experience before. I can imagine when I was in Alaska, and complained over a small pot hole an wonder why they never filled them. Here there are pot holes everywhere. Not only pot holes, but children , women and almost entire families washing themselves, drinking and cleaning cars from any water coming out of pipes by the roadside. The roadside, is like a very tight alley for american's and for those in Italy, or eastern europe they will understand that they are tiny for cars to fit in, imagine two lanes..and going high speeds then add children, women, men and animals and you have the roads in Haiti. Some of them are not as bad as others. It is difficult to be a passanger, it can be extremely intense and sometimes scary. I know that I am taking alot about the roads because I have never seen traffic this complex before and it is suprising that there are not alot of accidence..well at least I have no seen one nor wish to.. Okay..thank you for that moment about the roads..

On Citi Soleil - reflection from yesterday

As my last post mentioned , I went to citi soleil. I am sad for these people. It is difficult to write what my heart feels for them and the vision I see that is realist to help these people because they are not in a safe haven, I don't know how anyone can live in waste lands, and there is a water tank that carries up to 150 gallons but there is 200,000 people (stuck ) in ruins ..and when I asked over a dozen people they all said they use to live in the forest and some said woods..then why can't they. Why not create a village in the forest or woods for these people, bring in 5 water supplies , 10 volunteers to stay near by for helping with needs and education for the children and teach them how to harvest, so they will have a chance to survive. Marcel agrees with me , that it would be good to help those who are willing to move to a village, and to start their own farms, to teach them ways to do building, sewing and farming but to have them do this themselves. I believe that with the amount of waste, and unsafe enviroment in citi soleil that these people need to have their own village once again in the forest or woods. Where they are use to the natural ways of survival, not inside of a city that has no natural forests or woods that they are use to..

The Haitian People-

The people hear have the most caring , understanding and compassionate hearts that I have ever met before. I truly love the people in Haiti. They have nothing to offer in material goods, possessions or money but the stories, their laughter, the care and giving that goes through out Haiti, is one that can not be descibed. You have to see it , and feel them with your heart. There is so many needs, this is extremely true. When it comes to some of these peoples hearts, there is so much love inside them. They have dreams to be doctors, nurses , and to help others. It is incrediable how they understand one of G-d's lessons, and never knew of it's existance. I am learning patience from them, and becoming humble every moment here. There is something else remarkable that I want to share with each person in the world..there is a 911 call from Haiti- they need your help..can you help them? Can you see, that this is my first trip outside of America, and most people's first trip was for lecture , mine was for Humanity. And through these people, you learn so much about the needs and ways to help humanity form together. We can not do this alone, we must all help humanity and even if you can not help Haiti or their people, you can help your neighbor or perhaps the next states, neighbor. It really doesn't matter who, or where as long as humanity comes together and helps each and every person to understand, form , learn and grow . It is so important to share this with your friends and family...perhaps it is much deeper then that and perhaps we all could learn a lesson or two from Haiti. A little boy staying at St. Joseph told me that  I am an angel with only one wing and must form with the other angel to be able to fly, perhaps that is it. We all need to rise and help each other, and if you are wanting to help the people in Haiti, you can become a partner like me. I will tell you, the question on the web site, can it be possible to have a relationship with someone in completely different situation then yourself? YES. Naser and I are partners, and we love our committed partnership. The only request he asked  before he left to take care of his brothers is please do not give up on me. Isn't that the truth about any relationship? Once one of them gives up, what more is there? It is not possible to take two steps back and then jump three steps and go back one..you or the other would fall.

I will continue later today. It is extremely hot here. Around 98 degrees and feels like 105. I drink lots of water from the jugs and try to only drink bottled sodas.
Sincerely,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. My name is Jennifer. I started this blog to document my trip to Haiti. I am the review page and future page coordinator for PINP . My trip to Haiti will start on December 6th, 2009. I will be updating posts, pictures and videos ;as often as possible. I do want to share with the viewers and followers that I am worried.. and at the same time excitingly anticipating this trip. I feel that we all need to help those in poverty in anyway possible. I heard warnings the other day...like: Don't go outside after 6pm, watch your feet when walking anywhere, Talk softly in the slums, out of respect?..and a few other important hints. I do want my viewers and followers to keep in mind that I have never left America, except two trips through Canada to return to Alaska and if you can count Hawaii?? not exactly..so my main hope is to be able to find out what the people need for their futures, ways to help PINP , work with the staff for PINP and to see for own eyes the situations effecting Haitian people, their culture and most importantly their future. This is your personal invitation to follow me through a nation that has so many beautiful people, in serious life threatening living conditions. I hope that it helps bring awareness to the situations that PINP is working hard to resolve, and hopefully there is a moment when it connects you with someone that you will see, and personally want to start a relationship with , and if you feel that you are ready to make a relationship with someone from a different place then yours and help build that relationship with a child slave, mother with starving children or to help a child go to school , this is a way to personally start a partnership- a friendship ; please visit, www.pinpartnership.org . I also would like to mention that my partner is Naser Gardy, I have been his partner since May. I have received letters, video's and we have built a strong friendship from such a distance apart..the beautiful thing that is going to happen is - we will meet face to face for the first time. I will be posting video's and picture's as often as I possible can..which makes me excited to finally have the chance to meet him. Welcome to my blog. I hope you join me on my journey to understanding poverty , helping PINP and seeing a real meeting of true partnership.````````````````````

If you have any questions, comments or are interested in learning more about PINP and ways to help please contact me directly at: genisenow@hotmail.com , my name is Jennifer. Thank you once again for looking at my blog today.