Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 17, 2009

More news from Haiti

Today , I had a lot of work to do today.. I interviewed 3 girls that are attending school for the first time at the ages of 9 through 11. One was enrolled for the 1st grade and the other's are starting 2nd grade. It was heart felt to hear their stories, and to see what joy they have to be able to go to school. It is amazing, that a child who never has read a book or learned to write is so excited to learn and then there are the children I have seen in America, who have free education available to learn everything and wish they weren't in school. I suppose when you have seen something you wish you could have it when you have nothing, and when you have everything you want nothing , or the self- serving people who want more..It makes me wonder, if we had nothing what would we want? and if we had everything, what do we need? Imagine how blessed we all are that we have clean drinking water, in America. If you were here, you will see how difficult it gets, when temperatures outside feel like 105 degrees. I wait at times , I hope that soon I will be done, and there will be good water to drink. Yet, they will be here wanting clean water. This is a huge problem and we need to help Haitian's with clean drinking supply system, with a way for the waste to not be near their bedroom door, and for the food. I heard from some people , who I will call self-serving that said it is their fault, they shouldn't buy leisure things like chips and candy. I never thought of chips or candy being leisure? I thought of them as junk food, as snacks. Never as a leisure. Yet, it is amazing what we all have taken for granted., the ones who have had everything.

The weather has been steady at 95-98 degrees each day, I have wanted the rain so bad, but they say when it rains it floods Citi Soleil too and can harm or kill the whole family that live in sheds. WOW. is an understatement. Imagine, you need the rain for the trees, land and for the humidity to change, yet if it does rain then there could be several with out a home in that same moment that you are receiving the rain.

It is getting closer to my departure. I hope that through my experience here in Haiti, that you have felt and seen in a sense what I experienced that these people are experiencing day in and day out with even more horrific details. It is important for everyone to appreciate the clean air, clean water, and what you have is really good enough. It is not important what you have or have not, it is important what is in your heart. It is important to have G-d in your soul. Then you will see the happiness. It is a pure happiness, that is complete and perfect. It is not good to be angry, but be humble. It is not good to rush and be busy but to be patient.

There are many lessons I have learned here and the most important is this from an old man, " Do not give them the fish, but teach them how to fish."
This is true. I will write more tomorrow.
So far, I have learned- Bon Joir, Bon we, Merci bo cu, wi , no and I think that is it for now.

I will try to sleep 7 hours but.. like I mentioned a few blogs ago, the rooster wakes me not my alarm. I mean they scream cock a doodle doo..repeatedly.

good night, bon we'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. My name is Jennifer. I started this blog to document my trip to Haiti. I am the review page and future page coordinator for PINP . My trip to Haiti will start on December 6th, 2009. I will be updating posts, pictures and videos ;as often as possible. I do want to share with the viewers and followers that I am worried.. and at the same time excitingly anticipating this trip. I feel that we all need to help those in poverty in anyway possible. I heard warnings the other day...like: Don't go outside after 6pm, watch your feet when walking anywhere, Talk softly in the slums, out of respect?..and a few other important hints. I do want my viewers and followers to keep in mind that I have never left America, except two trips through Canada to return to Alaska and if you can count Hawaii?? not exactly..so my main hope is to be able to find out what the people need for their futures, ways to help PINP , work with the staff for PINP and to see for own eyes the situations effecting Haitian people, their culture and most importantly their future. This is your personal invitation to follow me through a nation that has so many beautiful people, in serious life threatening living conditions. I hope that it helps bring awareness to the situations that PINP is working hard to resolve, and hopefully there is a moment when it connects you with someone that you will see, and personally want to start a relationship with , and if you feel that you are ready to make a relationship with someone from a different place then yours and help build that relationship with a child slave, mother with starving children or to help a child go to school , this is a way to personally start a partnership- a friendship ; please visit, www.pinpartnership.org . I also would like to mention that my partner is Naser Gardy, I have been his partner since May. I have received letters, video's and we have built a strong friendship from such a distance apart..the beautiful thing that is going to happen is - we will meet face to face for the first time. I will be posting video's and picture's as often as I possible can..which makes me excited to finally have the chance to meet him. Welcome to my blog. I hope you join me on my journey to understanding poverty , helping PINP and seeing a real meeting of true partnership.````````````````````

If you have any questions, comments or are interested in learning more about PINP and ways to help please contact me directly at: genisenow@hotmail.com , my name is Jennifer. Thank you once again for looking at my blog today.