Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 14, 2009

News from Haiti

We left Jacmel yesterday after alittle confussion, we drove throught the country side. There is a place between Port au Prince and Jacmel that is so breath taking. It is just beautiful. There are many banana , coconut trees and green mountains everywhere you look. It is beautiful and I gotr out of the vehical afew times wishing to walk into the mountain side. The place I asked to stop first is the same place that Geoff walked. It is strange that we choice the same palce. I sat at the road side looking at the white burial site of the lady who owned all the land. I wish I could paint this picture, but wasn't able to take a picture because the camera was to full and now..I am wishing for a picture to paint this beautiful land.

It was quite interesting back at St. Josephs. First my phone had no service, then the power went out not just in St. Joseph but for the city. It was like this from 7 pm until morning. Even the generator was going on and off. But , I was not feeling well and the ride back was very swirly to say the least, and I prayed for the people of Haiti, prayed for G-d's protection and to help me become more patient. Here it is a must. another thing that is a must , is to be calm even in the worst situations. This one, I do believe will take sometime. I have grown so much, and it is not the educational way; which is important . It is through the heart and mind in a humanity sort of way.. Deeper understanding .

I noticed the people in Port au prince and through out Haiti, have taught me something which I knew only more so.. it is wise to not want anything but to have nothing you can still fill your soul with joy and laughter. There are many beautiful things that the eye could miss, and by the grace of G-d I was able to witness this.

I think possibly this is the most valuable lessons I have yet learned, and yet I have learned much ..this one is very valuable and meaningful.

I will write soon. The power is off and on again, then the generator only can be used for as long as the amount of gas is provided in it.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. My name is Jennifer. I started this blog to document my trip to Haiti. I am the review page and future page coordinator for PINP . My trip to Haiti will start on December 6th, 2009. I will be updating posts, pictures and videos ;as often as possible. I do want to share with the viewers and followers that I am worried.. and at the same time excitingly anticipating this trip. I feel that we all need to help those in poverty in anyway possible. I heard warnings the other day...like: Don't go outside after 6pm, watch your feet when walking anywhere, Talk softly in the slums, out of respect?..and a few other important hints. I do want my viewers and followers to keep in mind that I have never left America, except two trips through Canada to return to Alaska and if you can count Hawaii?? not exactly..so my main hope is to be able to find out what the people need for their futures, ways to help PINP , work with the staff for PINP and to see for own eyes the situations effecting Haitian people, their culture and most importantly their future. This is your personal invitation to follow me through a nation that has so many beautiful people, in serious life threatening living conditions. I hope that it helps bring awareness to the situations that PINP is working hard to resolve, and hopefully there is a moment when it connects you with someone that you will see, and personally want to start a relationship with , and if you feel that you are ready to make a relationship with someone from a different place then yours and help build that relationship with a child slave, mother with starving children or to help a child go to school , this is a way to personally start a partnership- a friendship ; please visit, www.pinpartnership.org . I also would like to mention that my partner is Naser Gardy, I have been his partner since May. I have received letters, video's and we have built a strong friendship from such a distance apart..the beautiful thing that is going to happen is - we will meet face to face for the first time. I will be posting video's and picture's as often as I possible can..which makes me excited to finally have the chance to meet him. Welcome to my blog. I hope you join me on my journey to understanding poverty , helping PINP and seeing a real meeting of true partnership.````````````````````

If you have any questions, comments or are interested in learning more about PINP and ways to help please contact me directly at: genisenow@hotmail.com , my name is Jennifer. Thank you once again for looking at my blog today.