Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 21, 2010

 
One of the Mothers to our partner at the mini center
You can see from her expression the devastation she has gone through.

 
a make shift tent city in Delmas.
Most of the tent cities are made with sheets, and have dirt floors. When the rain season arrives in less then a week , there will be a huge problem for the shelter and sanitation of most of the millions of Haitian people living outside in these sheets. There is an immediate need for tents, water tablets, food, and land for many that have been asked to leave the area that they are using for encampment. There has been over 40 tremors since the earthquake that shock Haiti on January 12th, 2010 at 5pm. The dangerous are immeasurable as far as why they do not return to their homes. The cement used to make most of their homes is not safe cement it is flimsy grits that were used , which with a small amount of pressure with cause it to crack or crumble into cement rocks the size of car tires. We are trying to organize fund raisers and asking everyone to contribute to our website to help us in our efforts to help those living in the tent cities and our partners who have been misplaced and some have even lost everything they owned. Please help us. www.pinpartnership.org



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. My name is Jennifer. I started this blog to document my trip to Haiti. I am the review page and future page coordinator for PINP . My trip to Haiti will start on December 6th, 2009. I will be updating posts, pictures and videos ;as often as possible. I do want to share with the viewers and followers that I am worried.. and at the same time excitingly anticipating this trip. I feel that we all need to help those in poverty in anyway possible. I heard warnings the other day...like: Don't go outside after 6pm, watch your feet when walking anywhere, Talk softly in the slums, out of respect?..and a few other important hints. I do want my viewers and followers to keep in mind that I have never left America, except two trips through Canada to return to Alaska and if you can count Hawaii?? not exactly..so my main hope is to be able to find out what the people need for their futures, ways to help PINP , work with the staff for PINP and to see for own eyes the situations effecting Haitian people, their culture and most importantly their future. This is your personal invitation to follow me through a nation that has so many beautiful people, in serious life threatening living conditions. I hope that it helps bring awareness to the situations that PINP is working hard to resolve, and hopefully there is a moment when it connects you with someone that you will see, and personally want to start a relationship with , and if you feel that you are ready to make a relationship with someone from a different place then yours and help build that relationship with a child slave, mother with starving children or to help a child go to school , this is a way to personally start a partnership- a friendship ; please visit, www.pinpartnership.org . I also would like to mention that my partner is Naser Gardy, I have been his partner since May. I have received letters, video's and we have built a strong friendship from such a distance apart..the beautiful thing that is going to happen is - we will meet face to face for the first time. I will be posting video's and picture's as often as I possible can..which makes me excited to finally have the chance to meet him. Welcome to my blog. I hope you join me on my journey to understanding poverty , helping PINP and seeing a real meeting of true partnership.````````````````````

If you have any questions, comments or are interested in learning more about PINP and ways to help please contact me directly at: genisenow@hotmail.com , my name is Jennifer. Thank you once again for looking at my blog today.